This is only my second soup recipe up on the site, but I’m already running out of ways to explain how much I love soup. It doesn’t even matter what kind — everything from my mom’s 20-hour bone broth to instant ramen from the corner store is the ultimate soul-food experience for me.
The best part about soup is that even the easiest of recipes fulfills the craving. Like this one!
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 4 large carrots
- 2 shallots
- 1 apple
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 cups broth
- 1 cup whole milk or heavy cream
- 1 can chipotle peppers in adobo (you'll only use the whole thing if you're a bamf)
- 3 teaspoons smoked paprika
- Salt, pepper, thyme to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Chop sweet potatoes and carrots, arrange on baking dish. Toss in olive oil, salt, pepper and smoked paprika. Roast until slightly tender, approximately 25 minutes.
- When carrots and sweet potatoes are nearly finished, roughly chop shallots and apple. Add to hot olive oil in a deep pot, along with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 5 minutes over low heat.
- Add mixture from the oven directly into pot, along with fresh thyme, one chipotle pepper and a teaspoon of adobo sauce. Cover with chicken broth and bring to a boil, then lower to simmer.
- User immersion blender to bring soup to desired consistency. Stir in milk or cream. Add more broth as you see fit to get soup to desired consistency.
- Top with some fresh herbs, parmesan, sour cream -- whatever tickles your fancy. Enjoy!
© 2016, insatiably. All rights reserved.